Last weekend we celebrated the birthday of our sons, Ian and Thomas (7 and 4 years old).
The party was hold at the Palapa beside the pool, decorated with a ship’s mast (we made it with a rough fabric) and a pirate chest by a palm tree, where children dressed as pirates and took pictures.
The kid’s table was decorated with jewelry, candles melted in bottles, fishing nets and cannon balls. The children enjoyed a meal under the watchful eye of the shark that hung at their side.
The menu was a success:
- Baby octopus from the coast with marine potatoes (turkey sausage with blue mashed potatoes)
- Algae (carrot sticks and celery)
- Pirate Classic (ham and cheese sandwich)
- Shark delights (tuna sandwich)
- Calamari eyes (boiled eggs with mayonnaise)
- Kraken water … for those who dared to try it!
- For dessert we made 2 island cakes, one for Ian and one for Tommy and cannon balls (chocolate truffles).
This party was a test for us, like I told before here, we learned a lot and the most important… we enjoyed planning the details and make them come true.
Want to recreate this party? Find all the printable pirate items in our Etsy Shop!